Around 55% of customers use Facebook to research businesses, services, and products. 65% of these buyers share their buying experiences and opinions on Facebook’s social network. This makes it imperative for businesses to establish a Facebook presence and grow and maintain Facebook reviews.
These reviews will increase your visibility in Facebook’s search engine. Potential customers will also have more resources to learn about what you offer and make informed purchasing decisions. This guide will walk you through what are Facebook reviews, how to get these reviews, and the best practices for responding to poor and positive feedback on Facebook.
What are Facebook reviews?
Facebook reviews are online reviews users leave on Facebook Business pages. Like many other social media platforms, businesses can create Facebook pages to reach more customers and optimize user engagement. In turn, customers can rate businesses and leave reviews about their experience.
Facebook reviews significantly impact your online reputation, as they make up around 19% of all online reviews. The best way to boost your Facebook Business page and draw targeted customers to your business is through positive Facebook reviews.
Overview of Facebook Reviews
Initially, a Facebook business review worked like TripAdvisor reviews, Airbnb reviews, and pretty much every other review site. Users would navigate to the company’s page and leave a review alongside rating the business out of 5 stars.
Here’s an example of what these reviews looked like:
As you can see, these Facebook reviews look the same as any other online review site. However, Facebook changed their “Reviews” to “Recommendations”. Rather than giving businesses a star rating, users can choose to “Recommend” or “Not Recommend” them, and provide insight into their experience by answering a series of questions based on their initial response.
Here’s what personal recommendations for businesses on Facebook look like now:
But why did Facebook change how their online reviews worked?
For starters, users could leave a star rating review before and not explain their rating.
Also, Facebook could help businesses expand their reach by automatically asking users to recommend places they’ve tagged in posts or stories. This makes it much easier to drive recommendations and improve your online reputation management.
Benefits of Utilizing Facebook Reviews
Facebook reviews can accelerate your Facebook Business page by sharing your customer experience and promoting positive customer feedback. There are many advantages Facebook recommendations offer, and these include:
- Facebook is a popular social platform. With over 2 billion users, Facebook can expose your business to thousands of targeted customers. Access to all these potential customers can make or break your business, so do your best to increase your positive reviews and sentiment.
- Customers use Facebook to research brands and products. Almost 55% of Facebook users rely on this social platform to follow or research brands and products they’re interested in. This makes it more vital than ever to improve your Facebook reputation. When customers search for products and solutions like yours, you can win them over through glowing, informative reviews.
- It’s quick and easy for customers to review your business. Facebook automatically asks customers to recommend companies they’ve checked in at or tagged in their posts. This makes it super convenient for users to provide feedback.
- Facebook provides features to enrich customer reviews. When users recommend businesses they can add images and videos to embellish their feedback. They can also use Facebook’s pre-generated tags. These tags allow potential customers to find your Facebook page based on key terms they're looking for, e.g. "child-friendly" or "Italian cuisine".
Facebook reviews have many advantages for business owners who want to optimize their presence on this social platform. As Facebook is a widely used global social channel and it's effortless to provide accurate, in-depth customer feedback, it’s worth investing in and growing Facebook reviews!
How to get Facebook Reviews
Here’s a quick and easy guide on how to accelerate Facebook reviews.
Enable the reviews tab on your Facebook business page
To boost your Facebook reviews enable the recommendation button on your business page. This button allows customers to “recommend” or “not recommend”, and view your overall rating and other customers’ feedback.
This is how you enable the Facebook recommendations tab for new page experiences:
- Sign in to Facebook and tap on your profile photo in the top right of your screen.
- Click on “See all Profiles” and choose the page you want to enable recommendations.
- Navigate to “Settings and Privacy” and click “Settings”.
- Click “Privacy”, then “Page and tagging”.
- Put “Allow others to view and leave reviews on your Page?” on.
If you still use Facebook’s classic business page, here’s how to enable recommendations:
- Navigate to your feed and click “Pages” in the left-hand menu.
- Choose your desired page and click “Page Settings” in the bottom-left menu.
- Go to the left-hand menu and tap on “Templates and Tabs”.
- Click on “Reviews” to turn them on.
If you want to increase your chances of gaining Facebook reviews and make it quick and easy for customers to deliver feedback, enable your recommendations.
Create and share a Facebook review link
Here’s another seamless way to gain as many Facebook reviews as possible - create and share a custom review link! You can share this link with your customers and encourage them to leave you feedback on your Facebook business page.
Ensure your recommendations tab is on because you can’t generate a review link otherwise.
There are two ways to create and share a Facebook review link. Let’s check them out.
Method 1: Copy your review URL
- Navigate to your Facebook business page
- Go to your reviews tab
- Copy the URL in the address bar and share this with your customers
If your customers aren’t signed in to Facebook, this link may redirect them to Facebook’s login page before they get to your reviews. Fortunately, there’s another way to develop a Facebook review link.
Method 2: Create a custom review link
- Use Facebook’s homepage URL “www.facebook.com/login/”
- Add “?next =” so it looks like this “www.facebook.com/login/?next=”
- Use an HTML convertor tool to change your Facebook business page URL to an HTML code, so you get a link like this “https://www.facebook.com/login/?next=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fembedreviews%2Freviews%2F”
This review link directs customers straight to your reviews page! Now that you know how to accelerate your Facebook reviews, let’s explore the best ways to respond to feedback on Facebook.
Best Practices for Responding to Facebook Reviews
We have compiled best practices for responding professionally to negative and positive Facebook reviews.
How to respond to negative Facebook reviews
Negative Facebook reviews may be harsh or disappointing, but it does welcome opportunities to grow your recommendations. For starters, you get a first-hand understanding of your customer’s experience with your business and how you can improve it. Without this feedback, you may never know what’s keeping your business from maximizing its revenue.
Responding to negative reviews shows potential customers you care about your patrons and their experience. Plus, when you respond to negative feedback, these reviewers may be interested in giving your business another try. You may get another chance to turn a bad customer experience into an excellent one!
Here are the best ways to respond to negative Facebook reviews and optimize your online reputation on this social platform:
- Don’t provide emotionally-driven answers. Always be professional and communicate with your customers with kindness and fairness.
- Always provide prompt responses. Don’t take longer than a few hours to respond to your negative reviews. Fortunately, our AI review response generator takes only 2 minutes to produce individual review responses.
- Act on customer feedback. Get down to the root cause of your negative Facebook reviews. Are your staff unfriendly? Do you keep missing guest reservations? Is your cleanliness up to par?
- Keep it personal. When you respond to your reviews, include the reviewer’s name and sign your name or your brand’s name at the end of your message.
- Invite customers for another visit. Encourage your customers to return to your business so you can correct the negative experience they had with your business. You may also offer them an incentive like a discount as added persuasion.
Providing professional, customer-centric negative review responses has never been easier with MARA. Here’s an example of how this AI review response tool can generate tailored responses to negative customer feedback:
How to respond to positive Facebook reviews
Unlike negative feedback, there’s nothing to fix or correct when you receive glowing Facebook reviews. But this doesn’t mean you should ignore positive reviews on Facebook. The more you encourage positive reviews, the more you’ll receive! Not to mention, customers will also feel appreciated and valued by your business when you respond to their positive feedback.
Another perk of responding to positive Facebook reviews is it optimizes your Facebook presence. This social platform’s algorithm detects mutual activity between your page and Facebook’s users and improves your visibility because of it.
Here are some of the top tips to respond to positive Facebook reviews:
- Thank your customers and mention their names. Customers who leave positive reviews have taken the time to share their great experiences with your business. These reviews will certainly help persuade potential customers. Because of this, thank reviewers for leaving feedback and mention their names for added personalization.
- Encourage customers to return. Suggest reviewers return to your business and recommend different things to try. For example, if you’re a restaurant, you may suggest a certain dish or mention an event you’re planning.
- Mention the aspects of your business customers love. If positive reviewers praised your customer service, product quality, or location, mention those keywords in your review responses. Our AI review assistant ensures you provide review responses tailored to aspects mentioned in every one of your reviews.
- Provide quick review responses. Use a seamless and quick solution like MARA to provide personalization and AI-generated review replies. Don’t wait days or weeks to respond to reviews!
- Be consistent and professional. Ensure your review responses are aligned with your brand voice and always be professional when responding to customer reviews on Facebook.
Working with an AI review response generator like MARA makes it ten times easier and quicker to answer hundreds of glowing reviews. Through personalized responses, you can drive customer appreciation and encourage your audience to leave more reviews. Here’s an example of how MARA generates positive Facebook review responses in less than 2 minutes:
How to remove a bad review on Facebook?
You can remove bad Facebook reviews that are false and go against Facebook’s review policy. But if a negative Facebook review is based on a genuine customer experience, Facebook’s team most likely won’t remove the review.
To remove a bad review on Facebook, you must flag it to Facebook’s help center, and they’ll decide whether to delete the review.
Here’s how you can request to remove a bad review on Facebook:
- Provide a response to the bad review. Generate a personalized review response with MARA before flagging the review. Facebook requires a review to have at least one comment before removing it.
- Flag the review. Navigate to the top-right corner of the review, and click the downward arrow. Click “Report post” and explain your reason for flagging this review.
- Facebook’s team removes the review. Where applicable, Facebook will remove the review and let you know!
Use your positive Facebook reviews as testimonials
You can use your positive Facebook reviews as testimonials to optimize your social proof and credibility and encourage customers to your business. Doing this is a fantastic way to leverage user-generated content and highlight the best aspects of your business.
Display your Facebook reviews on your website
It’s easy to display your Facebook reviews on your website, and this is how you do it:
- Navigate to your Facebook business page reviews.
- Pick the review you want to embed on your website and click on the three dots in the top-right corner.
- Click “Embed”.
- Copy the generated code and preview it to see how the review will look on your website.
- Navigate to your website’s CMS or HTML editor and paste the code!
Facebook reviews are vital to improving your overall online reputation and engaging the billions of users on this platform. Businesses need MARA - AI review response assistant to provide personalized, rapid responses to negative and positive Facebook reviews. Get started on our free trial and seamlessly generate tailored review responses to hundreds of reviews in record time.