Managing Airbnb reviews for multiple properties is time-consuming! Airbnb hosts have to manually respond to every single guest review, and this isn’t a great way to optimize your time. Fortunately, we have a secret weapon - MARA, the ultimate AI Review Response Generator! You can deliver human-like Airbnb review responses and ensure your guests get quick, friendly, and responsive customer care.
Why quickly responding to Airbnb guest reviews matters
Responding to your Airbnb reviews is crucial to show happy customers you appreciate their feedback. Reviews also allow you to solve negative experiences with your Airbnb properties. It is crucial that Airbnb hosts respond to their property reviews as quickly as possible.
💡53% of customers expect businesses to reply to their reviews within 7 days. A third of these want responses within 3 days.
Quick responses validate your credibility and professionalism, and prove you take a hands-on approach to deliver exceptional customer experience. Industry leaders in the top 10% of global businesses respond to online reviews much quicker than other businesses.
Why do you think top businesses make responding to reviews quickly a priority?
The answer is simple - they understand reviews help acquire new customers, secure loyalty among first-time buyers, and optimize your reputation. Promptly responding to Airbnb reviews also boosts your visibility and performance on their search engine. Hosts that develop and grow a consistent presence stand a chance to get on Airbnb’s top-rated list. And believe me, you don’t want to miss out on this!
How to respond to Airbnb reviews with MARAs Review Response AI?
Managing multiple Airbnb properties is challenging enough without staying ahead of guest reviews. Fortunately, MARA makes it quick and easy to respond and provide the best replies for your Airbnb reviews. Airbnb hosts praise our AI Review Reply Generator because it:
- Generates personal review responses without templates.
- Optimizes your online reputation through industry-tailored review responses.
- Increases your overall Airbnb rating as you can respond to every review.
- Drastically reduces the time and cost of manually responding to hundreds of Airbnb reviews.
Try our 14-day free trial and generate the best Airbnb review replies in 4 easy steps!
1. Sign in to your Airbnb profile and navigate to your reviews
Log into your Airbnb profile to respond to reviews with MARAs AI Review Reply Assistant. Use a separate tab to log into your MARA Solutions account.
NOTE: You have 30 days to respond to published Airbnb reviews. However, you should deliver a response as soon as your guest’s reviews are published.
After logging into your Airbnb account, it’s super simple to respond to your reviews! Here’s how it works:
- Click on “Edit Profile”
- Click on “Reviews”
- Click on “Reviews About You”
- Choose the review you want to respond to and click “Leave a Response”
Yep! It’s that easy. When handling multiple Airbnb properties, respond to reviews on a “per listing” basis. So, start with one listing and move through the reviews until you respond to all of them. Handling hundreds of reviews can become confusing, but this helps streamline your process.
2. Configure your MARA settings
In your MARA tool, click on the “Account” menu option right at the bottom of the left-hand panel. You can configure your account settings here. Pick the style and tone as well as your length preference of your response. Make sure to fill the “What is Reviewed” input to give our AI Review Assistant a complete understanding of how to generate the best responses to your reviews. Enter something like “studio”, “apartment” or “room” that best describes your listing. In addition, you can add your signature for ultra-personalized Airbnb review responses.
3. Copy and paste your Airbnb review into MARA
Choose the Airbnb review you want to generate a response for and copy and paste it into MARA. Before generating your response, use the “Include Summary” button to choose whether or not to create a summary of the most vital points in your guest’s reviews.
4. Generate and publish your response
Once copying and pasting your Airbnb review into the Review Reply Assistant, click “Generate Reply”. Ensure your browser can copy media and text from MARA to your clipboard. A popup notification will request your permission for this. After generating your reply, you’ll notice a summary (if you chose to include one) and MARA will deliver personalization and AI-generated review replies. Our AI Review Assistant generates responses based on the review's key points, such as mentions about the location, security, cleanliness, etc.
Your response will automatically copy to your clipboard. All you need to do next is go back to Airbnb and paste and publish it!
How to respond to positive Airbnb reviews?
Knowing how to respond to a good Airbnb review is crucial. Positive reviews are from guests who have thoroughly enjoyed their stay and have taken the time to thank you. To turn these guests into loyal customers, provide wholesome and gratuitous responses to their positive reviews. MARA can help you develop Airbnb review responses that sound human and personalized to your audience in record time. Here are the top elements to deliver the best replies to Airbnb reviews:
- The guest’s name. This will make your guests feel special through a personalized reply.
- The aspects of your accommodation your guests most enjoyed. The best Airbnb replies tackle these aspects to prove you've read the review and recognized what users like.
- A thank you and an invite to book again. Return your guests’ gratuity and invite them to book again. This is a way to appreciate your guests and encourage them to return.
- Your name. Adding your guest’s name adds personalization to your review responses, and so does including your name.
An example of a great response to positive Airbnb reviews is:
Dear Kate, thank you for your amazing review on your recent stay at our property. We’re thrilled to hear you enjoyed the panoramic views, spa bath tub and convenient location. It was a pleasure having you, and we hope to see you again in the near future! Best, MARA
When you receive positive reviews, answer them immediately. Keep your response short and sweet. Airbnb users won't take the time to read long-winded responses.
How to respond to negative Airbnb reviews?
Negative reviews can cripple your Airbnb property listings.
💡 94% of customers avoid businesses with negative feedback. Only 9% would consider a company with a star rating below 3.
You can't always avoid negative reviews, but solve them as soon as possible. Here’s how to respond to negative Airbnb reviews:
- Be professional and fair, not emotional. Bad reviews about your Airbnb properties are challenging. These reviews can stir up a lot of sour emotions for you. Don’t handle negative feedback when you’re super angry or upset because you might make it worse. Take one day (at most) to cool off and approach the negative review rationally.
- Mention the problems the guest experienced at your Airbnb. Show your concern and willingness to provide a fantastic Airbnb experience by recognizing the negative aspects of your guests’ experience. If your guest mentions a broken shower door or uncomfortable couch, highlight these points, provide a sincere apology, and explain how you plan to fix these issues in the future.
- Provide an apology and possible explanation. Start your response to negative feedback with an apology. Airbnb hosts typically say, “We’re sorry to hear you had a bad experience because of xyz…”. If the problem was out of your control, like a burst pipe, provide a clear explanation and apology.
- Thank them and invite them to book again. Show your guest’s that you appreciate them by thanking them. Add that you want to improve their next experience and encourage them to book again.
Negative reviews can harm your Airbnb properties’ credibility. Managing multiple listings makes this more complicated, but it's not the end of the world. Use these tips to provide friendly, complete responses to your Airbnb negative reviews and turn your reputation around.
Here’s an example of a good response to a negative Airbnb review:
Dear Kate, thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our Airbnb property. We sincerely apologize for the cumbersome check in. During your next stay, we guarantee this problem won’t repeat itself. We value each of our guests and hope you enjoyed other aspects of your visit. Do return soon so we can show you our best! Regards, MARA
How to approach false Airbnb reviews?
Not all negative Airbnb reviews are true. Some guests leave bad feedback out of spite or irrationality. If guests experienced a city-wide blackout at your Airbnb, it would be false to mention your Airbnb lacks working electricity. When you quickly and consistently respond to your Airbnb reviews, you can spot false reviews before they do too much damage.
But are Airbnb reviews permanent?
If you have a genuine negative Airbnb review, you can’t remove it. If a guest leaves a dishonest review, you can report this to Airbnb and request they remove it. This process takes a while, but it's worth the effort.
What validates a dishonest Airbnb review?
Airbnb has a review policy, and if a guest violates the terms of this policy, you can request Airbnb remove the review. Here’s a snippet from Airbnb’s review policy:
How to minimize negative Airbnb reviews?
There are many do’s and don’t to respond to online reviews. However, minimizing negative Airbnb reviews starts with providing a personalized, professional, and hands-on experience.
Here are a few measures to take to avoid negative Airbnb reviews:
- Ensure your property details and images are genuine. There’s nothing more disappointing than arriving at an Airbnb only to find it far from what the listing described. Keep your photos and listing details updated to avoid guests experiencing this with your accommodation.
- Hire a component and trustworthy team. The team you hire to clean and maintain your Airbnb properties must do an excellent job. Your Airbnb should be sparkling clean, and well looked after. If there are any major problems like a missing light bulb or broken cupboard, your team should communicate this so you can fix it.
- Guide your guests through an easy check-in and check out. Guests must have an effortless experience when they arrive because this is their first interaction with your property. A simple and convenient check out process also helps guests remember your Airbnb.
- Be available and provide reliable communication channels. You don’t have to be available 24/7. Offer your guests reasonable and reliable communication times and channels. Provide them with emergency numbers, and let them know your cut-off times for calls and messages.
How to boost positive Airbnb reviews?
MARA can help you accelerate positive Airbnb reviews because of how simple we make Airbnb review management. Our automation captures all the elements Airbnb hosts need to deliver the best replies to positive Airbnb reviews. These are a few more practices you can use to boost positive reviews on Airbnb:
- Encourage reviews when guests leave. There’s no better way to increase positive Airbnb reviews than by asking guests to review your listings. You can do this in your checkout message. Some Airbnb hosts may offer incentives like a coupon code in exchange for guest reviews.
- Check-in with your guests mid-stay. Make sure your guests are comfortable and happy by checking in on them through a mid-stay message. Keep it short, simple, professional, and friendly. Let them know you’re happy to have them and if they need anything, you’re ready to help.
- Review your guests. Many guests won’t review your property immediately, or at all. Sometimes leaving them reviews could change their minds or remind them to share their experience at your property.
Provide quick, customer-centric responses to Airbnb reviews with MARAs AI Response Generator
At MARA, we understand how challenging managing and growing several Airbnb listings are. Your guests demand the best possible service. Instead of spending hours of your time in responding to dozens of Airbnb reviews individually, we offer an automated AI response generator, leaving you to focus on the big picture. Airbnb guests want personalized reviews that show hosts care about the experiences they deliver. With a tool like MARA, you can create Airbnb review responses in seconds without comprising quality. Get started on our free trial!